Billy Ray Wants to be Miley's Friend

BILLY RAY WANTS TO BE MILEY'S FRIEND
Miley Cyrus' father wants to be her ''friend.''


Miley and Billy Ray Cyrus Billy Ray Cyrus - who recently announced he has called off plans to divorce the star's mother Tish - recently admitted he is no longer as close to the singer-and-actress as he once was, but he would love to be the person she confides in and comes to for advice once again.

He said: "I still want to be Miley's friend. I want to be that person that she comes to talk to for good, bad, indifferent. I just want her to trust and know that I love her more than life itself and I'll be by her side through the good and the bad."

However, the star's comments didn't go down well with "Good Morning America" presenter Robin Roberts.

She said: "She's got plenty of friends, she needs a daddy!"

Billy Ray agreed, saying: "I promise you I'll do my best to be a good dad."

The country singer recently blasted "Hannah Montana" - the Disney show in which his daughter played the lead role and in which he also starred as Miley's character's father - for "ruining" the lives of himself and his family, but now he insists he only lashed out because he was in a "dark" place.

He said: "I love 'Hannah Montana,' I love Disney. I did the interview two weeks before Christmas when I was in the midst of a divorce, I was in darkness."

"Right now, there's a lot of positive communication between me and my family. I just want to put my family back together."

Country singer Billy Ray married Tish in December 1992 and as well as having three children - Miley, 18, Noah, 10, and 16-year-old Braison - together he adopted Tish's two kids, Brandi and Trace, from her previous marriage.

He also has a son, Christopher, from his relationship with Kristin Luckey.


View the original article here

0 comments: