Cake Boss Star Reveals First Photo of Son Carlo Salvatore


Our365 Newborn Photography

On Monday morning, Buddy Valastro was ready to accompany his then-pregnant wife Lisa to one of her last doctor’s appointments, but at the last minute, she told him not to come.

“She says, ‘If you go it’s going to be nothing! If anything happens, I’ll call you,’ ” he recalls. “I get to the Lincoln Tunnel and she calls me and she’s like, ‘It’s time.’ We did a U-turn, went right home and went to the hospital. We got here at 10 o’clock [in the morning] and at 5:11 p.m. she gave birth. It was pretty perfect.”

So was the ‘lovely’ timing. “What a perfect Valentine’s Day gift,” he says. “What kind of a Valentine’s Day gift do you and [your] wife want [more] than a new baby?”

Tuesday, Valastro was on cloud nine, snuggling with his newborn son, Carlo Salvatore, and introducing the baby to his two older brothers, Buddy, Jr. and Marco, and older sister Sofia.

“I said, ‘Carlo, welcome to the jungle,’ ” Valastro laughs. “My oldest, Sofia, is really, really gentle and wants to help, [but] the boys are going to make him rough at a young age!”

“They don’t want to let him go,” he continues. “They want to hold him and kiss him and hug him.”

The baby, whom Valastro and his wife named in honor of their family bakery, Carlo’s, and for former colleague Sal Picinich, who died of cancer two weeks ago, should be coming home soon. And Valastro is even taking a rare vacation to spend time at home with his ever-expanding family.

“I just feel so blessed and so happy,” he gushes. “I came from a big family of five so I believe in having a lot of children and I think it’s really nice, especially when a family grows up tight and together like me and my family did. I’m carrying those values on to my kids.”

So will there be another Valastro baby joining the clan in a few years? Not so fast, he chuckles. “Like we say in the bakery, the kitchen’s closed!”

— Lesley Messer


View the original article here

0 comments: