'Bones' Star Michaela Conlin: Matthew McConaughey Was 'Really Generous' on 'Lincoln Lawyer' Set

Mar 18th 2011 05:45PMMichaela ConlinMichaela Conlin is used to solving crimes from inside the lab on 'Bones,' but in 'The Lincoln Lawyer,' she's moving to the streets.

In the film, Conlin plays Heidi Sobel, a homicide detective partnered with Bryan Cranston on her first big case.

PopEater chatted with the actress about working with Cranston and Matthew McConaughey, whom she says is very "generous."

"[Matthew] was in every shot of the movie. He was so professional and warm. There was a scene when I had to be on the phone, and he offered to do [the lines with me]. A lot of times they'll put you on the phone with a [production assistant] or something, and someone else will read lines with you, but he insisted on doing the scene with me, which is just a really good example of how he was the whole movie. He's really a generous guy," she recalled.

She also talked about 'Bones,' including her character Angela's pregnancy, what it's like wearing the latex belly and if she wants to see will-they-or-won't-they Booth and Bones end up together.
Tell me about your role in 'The Lincoln Lawyer' and what you drew you to the film.
I play a character named Heidi Sobel, and she's a young homicide detective. This is one of her first big cases. She is partners with an older, grumpy cantankerous cop, played by Bryan Cranston, who wants to retire soon. So we represent both sides. What drew me to it is that, there's not too many women in the film, but she's a very impressionable character. She's brand new to this. You can tell that a little bit. She's trying really hard to play in this man's world. I really liked that part of her. I thought it would be interesting and fun.

The movie has such a great cast. What was it like getting to work with Matthew McConaughey and Bryan Cranston?
They were absolutely lovely. They were really great. Bryan has done television for a long time, and we had a lot to talk about with the hours and the length of time. He was so generous and so smart. I learned so much just from standing next to him. It was like taking a master class in acting. It was really great. And Matthew -- he was in every shot of the movie. He was so professional and warm. There was a scene when I had to be on the phone, and he offered to do [the lines with me]. A lot of times they'll put you on the phone with a [production assistant] or something, and someone else will read lines with you, but he insisted on doing the scene with me, which is just a really good example of how he was the whole movie. He's really a generous guy.

I was going to ask if you and Bryan Cranston bonded over being on a successful TV series and working on this film together.
I think everybody who has done a series for a long time really understands [how] physically demanding it [is] and how long the year goes, so I felt like I had a little bit of a leg up with him because he knew I was coming from TV. He's also just a really generous man.

We have to talk about 'Bones' a little bit. Are Angela and Hodgins having the baby this season?
Yeah, I hope. I better be having that baby this season! [Laughs] That's all I have to say. The latex suit was fun for the first few episodes. But now I'm ready to take it off.

It must keep getting bigger.
It is. I've just moved into what they tell me is the biggest size, but I'm definitely waddling now, so that's pretty cool. I have a pregnant lady's waddle, and I really can't bend over and tie my shoes. I have to put my shoes on first and velcro the belly on afterward. It's pretty funny.

How's the maternity wardrobe working out for you, because Angela always had such cool style?
I think it's a Pea in the Pod, if I can give a shout out. Actually, a friend of mine in life is pregnant, and I just got her a gift certificate there. Our costume designer is really amazing. She's done a really good job of making me feel like I have a waist somewhere in there.

Well you look great as a pregnant woman.
Oh thanks! I mean, it's not real, so I haven't gained any of the other weight. But yeah, it's been really fun, and it's been a special time pretending to do that because it's definitely something that I want in my life in the future. It's been pretty fun.

Here's the big question: Do you personally want Booth and Bones together?
Yes. I think I can pretty confidently say that at this point in the series. I think I was supposed to hint to that in the beginning but yes, definitely. For Angela, she's always wanted the two of them together. She's a big shipper of the two of them for sure. And I would love to see them [together]. You know, me, Michaela, I've been working with them for so long, and I think that our show creator has really handled keeping them apart well, but I would definitely love to see them at the end of the series -- well maybe before that -- get together. Who knows?Follow Denise on Twitter

View the original article here

0 comments: